What is expressive arts coaching?
Expressive arts coaching, whether done in person, in a small group, or over the phone, is a method of using expressive arts — journaling, poetry, improv, and visual art — to express yourself, to reflect on your current situation, and to achieve positive growth and change.
What are the advantages of this approach?
The arts naturally engage people in a receptive state which helps to create feelings of safety and openness to learning. When we feel safe and our minds are open, we can more readily reflect on our problems and generate new solutions.
Do I need to be creative to work with you?
I believe that everyone is creative in some capacity. So often our definitions limit what we will allow ourselves to experience. I strive to always create a safe and nurturing environment where clients feel respected and honored for their contributions.
What are some of the benefits I can expect?
My clients learn how to:
- harness the power of story to help create a more fulfilling life and accomplish goals
- build skills to carry over into all areas of life
- control destructive thought patterns using positive self-talk
- gain confidence through exploring alternative art modalities for self-understanding and expression
- maximize motivation due to increased success